Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sleepy, squishy newborn preciousness!

Hello!  Thank goodness it's almost the weekend - doesn't this week feel like it's just drug on and on? Well, I just wanted to take a few minutes to share the newborn photos I got to do of my new niece!  I had to keep these under wraps since I did them in November and it's been killing me not to be able to share them online.  But, I didn't want to ruin the surprise for my Sister-in-law!  

Have I mentioned I LOVED doing a newborn?  This precious baby was my very first and I had so much fun.  For one, it was awesome to have a subject that didn't run away - ha!  And who can resist that sweet little face?  My Sister-in-law probably thought I was crazy when I told her I wanted to get the baby good and tired so she'd stay asleep for me (I made her leave the room while I took them so it would be a surprise later!). The timeframe when you get the super sleepy newborn shots is so short, and I wanted to capture that before she started to become more and more alert.  I figured I'll have plenty of chances to take pics of her with her eyes open, but how many chances do you have before they leave that sleep-filled newborn stage?  So, I accomplished my goal of sweet, sleeping baby shots :-)

Watch out ladies, these just might give you some "baby fever" :-)  Here you go!







So ladies out there who are expecting, give me a call!  I'd love to do another newborn session and am looking for new babies :-)

5 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my gosh! What a gorgeous baby! I am sure she's got fantastic looking parents!! HeeHee! She looks so old now that she's almost 2 months old!

I just sent your site to a coworker of Pete's who is having a baby in a few weeks. I told her you might want to come over in the spring and you would be available to make pictures too if she wanted. Hopefully she will contact you!

Regan said...

Beautiful!!

TracyTPhotography said...

Absolutely gorgeous work! Beautiful baby too!

Heather Latimer said...

Amy,

I love them. You did such an amazing job!

Were these all natural light? I need you to dish on your creamy skin technique!

Amy Geiger Photography said...

Hi! Yep - these were natural light. I found a big set of windows in their study and set up the beanbag and blankets right by the window (baby was 12 o'clock to window). I stood in between the window and beanbag. I was so afraid we weren't going to have enough light (it was getting towards dusk), but it all worked! For skin, I think I ran noiseware at a low opacity first. I also used the healing brush on a separate layer and touched up red marks, etc as needed. Then lowered the opacity of that layer to around 60%ish (so it still looked natural and the skin texture wasn't lost). I also pulled up the midtones in curves to brighten the skin a touch and help with the creamy look. I wish I had portraiture - probably would have been a little quicker (you'd definitely use a much, much lower opacity from what I've heard and read about it - it's pretty strong). Thanks for all the lovely comments! They are so appreciated! Hope this helps!